06 April 2010

Digging Deep - Three



Here are a couple more "oldies". They are the last of the ones I found when I was digging through my old things a few weeks back. I might... no, I will have some more in the future. I know more will turn up as I start to set up a new space to paint.



A new space... makes me nervous. I have wanted this opportunity for years. Now that I have almost succeeded in getting a place, just for me so that I can start where I left off - I am faced with starting where I left off. It's kind of like riding a bike - you never forget, right? However, the first time you get on that bike after a decade of not riding you aren't quite as steady or confident as you used to be and you certainly aren't riding with no hands or sideways or jumping off while moving instead of using the breaks. That takes time. You must rebuild the skills you once had - that's what scares me. In my case, the skills that were only developing.

I am not looking forward to painting, at 30 years old, like I painted when I was 16. But I will just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment