19 July 2010

My Green Thumb??

OK, beyond the poetry... beyond the painting... and beyond the photography that I wish I could make...

I luv the earth, being part of the earth, bury my naked feet in the sand or dirt. As a child it was a full out fight to get me to wear my shoes. As an adult, I'm not much better. I do what i can to avoid shoes. I COULD be a retail stores worst nightmare but thanks to Doc Martin I can compromise! I even cut the grass bare foot, which seems to scare most people close to me but I do digress as this has very little to do with what my feet are up too!


My Beautiful Lilies


The fact that I am, by chinese astrology's interpretation an "Earth Sheep" must have something to do with this. Perhaps it is the reason that I believe I can garden! Well, if you mean that I can grow things, including weeds... I guess I am a gardener..err...umm Well at least I try and enjoy what I create!


My Garden, young, naive...


Weeds are giving me more than a bit of a hassle this year.

In fact, they had taken a firm foothold in my garden and the casualties are high. If you take into account the carrot, beet and kale populations the casualties are in the thousands. I can honestly say - I fought the fight. I went head to head with my garden and I lost. I've raised my white flag & hope that she will grant me a tomato or two... perhaps a cucumber in return. I will let the dead rest and salvage what I can. Next year I will stand firm and hope that no weed dare challenge me!

I hope that next year that weeds don't stand between me, my garden and everything else my life throws at me!


My Garden... my she rest in peace.


Cheers to gardening, or at least my feeble, sad attempt at it!!

1 comment:

  1. Although I feel sad for you, I can't help but smile at the way you wrote this...there is such a sense of humour about it. We must never take ourselves too seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete