28 July 2010

A Step In The Right Direction

Ok... Here goes...

For those of you that have been peeking at my blog over the last few months or have recently taken an interest in it (thank you so much BTW!)...  Well I finally did it!  I put brush to canvas and painted something. It's nothing too special.  I really just wanted to get the feel of the brush in my hands, the paint on the canvas and the smell of the paint back in my mind.

I am pretty proud of it all things considered and I did enjoy doing it although I am still not sure if I am done fussing with it.

I painted it while hiding out in my basement from a wicked heat wave that we had a few weeks back.  I guess you could say that was what inspired me.

It has taken me this long to have the nerve to show it to anyone.  In fact, with the exception of my best friend you are the first to see this.  I debated just squirreling it away... saving it until I had improved and could let people see it with a side of mockery and belittlement towards the little guy.

I think that this is better, although far more unnerving...


"Heat" 2010
Mixed Media on Canvas

2 comments: