21 February 2011

"The Other Side"


 THE OTHER SIDE

 I’ve never worked an honest day in my life
 So they think
 I never cared much for them anyway
 The power to judge other people
 Makes us very important to ourselves
 Then again, maybe that’s all that matters
 On the other side

 Sometimes I wonder if this is the life I was meant to lead
 Or did I end up on the other side to early
 Never to see all I could
 Maybe I did not follow the path I should have
 Make the choices I was supposed to make
 Take the road we are all expected to take
 The perfect life we are all meant to have
 It would get pretty crowded at the end
 A long stuffy ride to the other side

 Maybe if everyone liked me for my money
 I could take it away
 And see how lonely I truly am
 We are all alone
 But which is worse
 To be alone
 Or to have so little imagination
 That you can’t pretend that you aren’t
 Take a breath, a sip of wine
 And I’ll see you
 On the other side

 Take life one step at a time
 Things might taste better, look better or feel better
 Maybe I would be more like you
 If I sped up the world
 Just to get it done
 Live life one step at a time
 Perhaps live life one train wreck at a time
 I think I will enjoy my ride more
 To the other side

 The other side is were we will be
 Doesn’t matter how I choose to do it
 Let my eyes see how it really is
 Instead of believing what I am told to before I even there
 You do it your way
 I’ll stick with mine
 We will exchange notes
 On the other side
  

No comments:

Post a Comment