12 May 2010

My Motley Crue

On 5 August, 1995 I met my little man. Rolling about, showing off on the counter of a small gift shop in Dunrobin Ontario. I had no immediate plans on getting a new kitten. Still being a teenager and in High School it was ultimately my mothers decision either way... and I didn't hold out hope, this wasn't the first time a kitten had warmed my heart. However today was different and 15 minute later we left the Gift Shop with my little fuzzy bundle of joy.


Motley's first day at home - 5 August 1995


There was no question in my mind as to what his name would be. Motley Crue, Motley for short. He spent the first few days living in my bedroom before being introduced to an entire house to roam and conquer. My grandmother who lived with us was never a "cat person" ... she made him a kitten toy... he was really part of our family.

Dec 1995


He was my joy. He kept me company, luved me unconditionally as cats always do and made High School a little more bearable to say the least. He even accompanied me to my final exams... can't say that the photo help me graduate or anything but I was proud of my beautiful yet somewhat crazy cat!

Motley and his little "brother" Cagney - 6 June 2004


In the past few years Motley has had some 'hiccups' in regards to his health. The worst of which put him in kitty hospital for 5 days but he has always pulled through. We are now less than one month away from his 15th birthday and his is having another 'hiccup' and I am concerned that it my be more. It started on my birthday - a kidney infection, not good, not the first issue with his kidneys either. It scares me a lot. It is not what I want for him or any member of anyones fur family... it is no way to go... I always wanted him to pass peacefully in his sleep in his favourite cuddly spot, happily, without pain, at a good old age... I am so hoping that this is still in his cards. I don't want to have to make that other decision... not now - not ever...

He is not eating much and is skinny, very skinny. I still hold out hope that it is not yet his time.

Everyday we look at our cats, dogs, any of our furry friends and know that someday, all too soon they will... we will have to say goodbye. Yet we luv them anyway, we open our hearts to them anyway and when we lose them, when our hearts are broken we know, that we will do it again...

Keep your thoughts with my little man, he needs them...

17 April 2010

2 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) to you both. Luv you Motley . . . and your mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts are with you, Motley. Hugs and well wishes to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete