23 October 2010

Grandma... All My Luv...



I am having a much more difficult time writing this than I had anticipated.  I have been waiting months for this day and months to write this blog.  My memories are just that, they are close to me, buried deep in the essence of the person I am today.  I cared very deeply for and was very close to my grandmother.  She was the only grandparent that I had ever really known.  My father and grandparents all passed away when I was quite young, too young to have many real memories of them.  My mother and grandmother filled those voids as best they could.





On October 23, 2007 my grandmother passed away.  I attempt to avoid the cliches but sometimes it is completely unavoidable... to say it seems like it was only a few short months ago yet a life time ago in the same breath.  Seems like a common feeling when dealing with the loss of a loved one, but I digress.

My reason for wanting to write this was to share with you the two poems I wrote for my grandmother the day she passed away.  So... ..





SHINE A LIGHT

I know you are at peace
Though you lie beyond my reach
I wish you were still here near me
I know your spirit is finally free
No longer trapped or held back
You fly free of burden
Your shell had cast you in
Shake the feelings of loss
That I hold for you
I know that I will never lose you
You are always in my heart
I am always in your heart
Let your heart guide you
Let my luv shine a light



****



GOODBYE

Did you find what you were searching for?
Do you know the love you have been waiting for?
Have you found the peace you are deserving of?
Are you again all you know that you are?

Are you missing us, as we are missing you?
Do you know how much you have given us?
Do you know how much I am missing you
Do you know I need you right now…




Dora Wilson
Dec 22 1921 - Oct 23 2007









No comments:

Post a Comment