06 October 2010

My Motley Crue... one last time

Back in May I introduced you to my Motley Crue in a blog post. He was having some health issue that, well, were breaking my heart and causing me heaps of worry.

It has taken me a bit of time to decide to finally write this and tell you how things went but tonight seemed the night.

A short time after writing the above mention blog I received the news. Motley was diagnosed with Intestinal Lymphoma. He began treatment and rapidly improved... for a time. He played and ate and did "Motley" things. He was his regular cheerful self. When his health would change, his medication would be altered and he would immediately improve again. His prognosis was not good and we knew that all too well but thanks to his amazing Vet, Motley was able to spend so much time with us that he did not have and he did not waste a second of it.




Motley was with me until it was his time. The cancer had spread throughout his body in only a handful of months. I had never wanted to make the decision that now stood before me. I know this is a decision that has plagued many people. I didn't want to say good bye to him on a cold sterile exam table surrounded by strangers. In the end I didn't. Even though he wasn't in his home in the ultimate scenario that had played in my head years before... He past from here, held in my arms surrounded by those who luved him. It is all anyone could want.

Motley passed away exactly 15 years from the day I first brought him home

A thank you Steve for giving him the time he didn't have and for caring so much for him and for all animals.

Rest in Peace Motley Crue. xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment